About Us: At ALO-TIMEYS LTD, we are committed to training the learning man to equip him/her with the required skills to gain economic importance. Our primary focus is to train undergraduates in sciences, engineering, and all other faculties across tertiary institutions to use modern tools and computer software relevant to their course of study and subsequently apply the knowledge in solving worldwide problems.
Job Brief: We are looking for a qualified and creative Engineering Content and Community manager to join our team. If you are a technically sound engineer or engineering student, experienced in social media, PR, and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and can develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications. You are the primary point-of-contact for our online community and the founders.
- Stay up-to-date with engineering and technology trends.
- Build relationships with community members, customers, potential customers, industry professionals.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness (online and offline).
- Working closely with our graphic designer and video editor to create and publish engaging and unique science and engineering-related content for the company’s social media platforms and blog.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews for improvement.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns.
- Provide founders with content ideas and script drafts for YouTube podcasts.
- Access to a working laptop and steady internet.
- BSc degree or otherwise in any Engineering field (preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering). Final year students can be considered.
- Technically sound in essential Science and Engineering concepts and ability to understand new concepts.
- Proven experience in content creation and/or management. Preferably engineering or tech-related content.
- An active member of any Engineering body (affiliation with student bodies in Nigeria preferable or willing to establish connections).
- Hands-on experience in MS Office or Google Docs and WordPress, or willingness to learn these skills fast.
- Demonstrable organizational and time-management skills (very important skills).
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics (or willingness to learn with time)
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media (LinkedIn, YouTube, X, Facebook, and Instagram) and community platforms (Discord)
- Attractive remuneration (commensurate with experience) with regular pay raises.
- Flexible work hours (remote work) as long as targets are met.
- Monthly internet subscription.
- Learning and professional development investment.
How to Apply:
Send your application (CV, cover letter, and content portfolio) to email@example.com OR apply using the form on this page.
Priority Deadline: 15th January, 2024
We review applications on a rolling basis until the perfect candidate is found.